Fertilizer coating machines are equipment used to provide an exterior protective film or layer to the fertilizer granules. Coating the fertilizer can also help to stop the granules from lumping or caking.
The Working Principle Of Fertilizer Coating Equipment
Fertilizer pellets coating equipment can be used to process organic fertilizer pellets and to coat compound-fertilizer granules. To achieve the best outcome and use of this type of equipment, here is an introduction to how these machines work.
– Before installing fertilizer coating equipment, you need to make sure the machine is at a specific angle. This makes it easier for the raw materials to travel into the cylinder.
– The second step involves feeding the coating agent and fertilizer granules into a drum. During this step of the process, a conveying device is used.
– The third step of the process involves a rotating cylinder where the materials flip and then move forward in the cylinder. The materials then make direct contact with a wrapping agent. This step concludes the purpose of coating the materials.
In a fertilizer-producing line or plant, the last step involves the coating process. Here is a list of some of the main reasons why many fertilizer pellet products undergo a treatment involving coating agents:
– The process that occurs in the fertilizer-coating drum ensures that the materials don’t cake together. This also means that the fertilizer pellets can be stored for much longer.
– Pellet fertilizers that are coated are also eco-friendly since less dust is generated when moving fertilizer bags around.
– The coating process also stops the pellets from absorbing moisture. This also stops the pellets from degrading or breaking down too quickly.
– Coated pellets also look better and more lustrous.
– If you are interested in producing fertilizer pellets that contain trace elements, these elements can be added into the coating agents.
– Coated fertilizer pellets are also more effective for longer since the available nutrients are slowly released into the surrounding soil.
Coating Materials Used For Granular Fertilizers
The coating materials used for granular fertilizers are either oily coating agents such as asphalt, paraffin, or resin or a fine powdery coating agent such as lime powder, high-molecular polymer, and sulfur powder.
It is important to choose the correct coating agent according to the type of raw materials you plan to use. Make sure you find out which agents are most compatible.
The Makeup Of The Fertilizer Coating Machine Drum
– The Bracket
The bracket supports the rotation portion of the drum.
The frame for the transmission is welded using high-quality steel. The motor then drives the reducer, the V-belt, and the pulley. All these components drive the shaft.
– The Exterior Gear
Three large gears are attached to the exterior rotating part. They work with a transmission-pinion gear to rotate the drum.
– Rotating Part
This component is welded using a carbon steel high-quality plate. Acid-resistant stainless steel or a polypropylene lining is used for the interior wall of the coating equipment drum. This wall is both durable and anti-corrosion.